July 2, 2020
Dear MTSD Families and Staff,
As we enter the month of July, I hope all of you are enjoying the beginning of the summer break. I’d like to reiterate that the effort among students, their families and our teachers to remain connected during the remote learning period was a true display of the strength of the home and school relationship. I can say with confidence that what we learned while living through the past three months has created a strong foundation for the future, no matter what that will look like.
While the summer has just started, I know thoughts of the reopening of schools is not far from anyone’s mind. On behalf of the district’s administration, please know, “the road back” is on the forefront of our minds, as well. Outlined below is our broad plan I discussed at today’s Parent Meeting. More details will follow in the coming weeks. We are only in the beginning phases of planning.
Beginnings of the DRAFT of "The Road Back”
- When school resumes in September, students will follow an early dismissal schedule, Monday thru Friday. Dismissal will be at 12:50.
- We will be having traditional face-to-face instruction with 6 ft. social distancing in the classroom and sanitation measures in place. Masks will be recommended for students, but required for staff. However, students will be required to wear masks where 6 ft. social distancing isn’t possible.
- Supplemental instruction, such as Basic Skills, will be provided to those students that meet the criteria in the afternoon. Students receiving these services will need to bring a bag lunch from home or will have the option to purchase a bag lunch from our cafeteria services. A late bus will not be provided and parents will need to pick up their child.
- Special Education Services will be provided during the school day hours.
- Controlled movement will be in place where possible and mass gatherings, assemblies and field trips have been cancelled until further notice.
- Virtual Learning will be available for those parents that don’t feel comfortable sending their children. Please complete the OPT OUT form no later than July 15th. This mid-July date will allow us enough time to prepare for staffing. We are also working on improving the virtual learning process based on what we have learned during the past three months.
- MVP will be available for AM/PM. Information will be coming in the next few weeks.
Again, these are the beginning stages of “the road back” and based upon data and feedback from the community, the plan may be revised.
I wish you a relaxing and safe July 4th. Enjoy the holiday with your families and friends!
Tiffany J. Moutis
JHES and MTES School Hours
Regular Day 9:10-3:25
Regular Day for Half-Day Students 9:10 - 11:40
Early Dismissal 9:10-12:55
Regular Day 8:40-3:25
Early Dismissal 8:40-12:55
2 Hour Delayed Opening Schedule
STUDENTS NEED TO GET TO BUS STOP 2 HOURS LATER THAN ORIGINAL BUS STOP TIME.
There is NO AM MVP and Half Day PreK on a delayed opening.