A Message from the Supervisor of Special Services, Mrs. Christina Lewis
On October 22, 2018, I started in my role as the new Supervisor of Special Services at MTSD. I would like to thank everyone for the very warm welcome that has been extended to me. I have enjoyed meeting all of the staff and students over the past few weeks. I am looking forward to collaborating with everyone as we progress through the school year. My door is always open for any questions, concerns or just a friendly hello.
As I enter into my ninth year as a Special Education Administrator, I am excited to learn about the school culture at MTSD. Prior to coming to MTSD, I was a Supervisor of Special Education at Cheltenham School District in Montgomery County, PA. For 5 years at Cheltenham, I was responsible for the special education services and programming for students in grades K-6. I also have 11 years of teaching experience as both a general and special education teacher in private and public school settings. I have dedicated my career to educating children and I am excited and honored to be a part of the Mansfield Township School District family.
The special education department continues to provide Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) to students who are eligible for special education services through self-contained classrooms, pull out resources and inclusion programs. Our Child Study Team (CST) evaluates children to determine eligibility for special education services. Our CST members consist of the following team members:
- Michele Ripish and Carol Lawrence, CST Secretaries
- Angela Stewart, School Psychologist
- Cheryl Strickland, School Social Worker/Anti-Bullying Specialist
- Dayna Bezila, Speech Therapist
- Sandra Place, Speech Therapist
- Amy Rivera, Learning Disability Teacher Consultant
- Julie Katz, School Guidance Counselor
- Brian Nace, Board Certified Behavior Consultant
- Andrea Morris, Physical Therapist
- Kristie Martino, Occupational Therapist
- Christina Lewis, Supervisor of Special Services
Our office doors are always open so please feel free to stop by if you have concerns about a student. Our team is always willing to assist!