First Day of School Reminders
We are so excited for the first day of school! This year, we will be having an Early Dismissal day on the first day of school. On days like these, we do not serve lunch. Because of the length of the day, our classroom teachers typically allow students to bring a snack from home to eat in the classroom. Please keep in mind however, that there are restrictions on the snacks that we allow in our classrooms.
- No nuts of any type or nut products will be allowed
- No "wet" snacks are permitted (such as yogurt, jello, fruit cups, etc.)
- Snacks should be "finger foods," able to be eaten without a fork or spoon
Below are some suggested options:
- Fresh vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumber slices, etc.
- Dehydrated veggie chips
- Dried fruit
- Peeled orange
- Fruit slices
- Cheese stick
- Dry cereal
- Rice cake
- Crackers (Saltines, Goldfish,etc)
Thank you so much for your partnership in helping provide healthy options for our students.
If your child is not going home on the school bus, please be sure to notify the office and/or your child's teacher. If we do not hear from you, your child will be sent home on the bus.
We are looking forward to a great first day!